Saturday, December 13, 2008

Spy Museum


Watch out - I think you may have some career changes coming your way! We have a few spies in the making...

Friday was a blast! It was an absolutely gorgeous day in DC - cold but sunny! We walked to the Spy Museum, which is a very interesting and interactive museum...but you can only do so much to fight fatigue. I found a few people dozing off on the couches and I also had to rush through the 2nd half of the museum to get more caffeine in my system. At the beginning of the museum we each take on a "fake identity" and we are quizzed throughout the museum to test our spy abilities. Hands down, Alyson won that activity with her very convincing Tennessee accent.

During our walk home we stopped at Starbucks for some hot chocolate to keep our hands warm. The rest of the evening was a whirlwind of activities. We finally caught up with Jeff Oakley (a RAC legislative assistant from the famous Oakley clan of Temple B'nai Torah), Zack Schwartz (Julie Kauffman and Jeff Schwartz's son who is a RAC assistant for the weekend and attends American University), and some of Florie's cousins!

After Shabbat services, we actually send the kids up to bed early (GASP! They didn't get the nighttime sugar-filled snack that all the other kids got, which they were NOT happy about). By about 11:30 it was quieting down, and I actually got to sleep around midnight!

We have a group journal that the kids have been writing in throughout the weekend with their thoughts on different subjects (the programs, the exhaustion, and the fatigue). I will be sure to put some of their thoughts up on the blog next chance I get!

1 comment:

  1. whos alyson? i think you mean jane
    love miley cyrus

    ReplyDelete